Small Groups are an integral part of what we do. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in a relationship with Christ. We believe this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, grow in their relationship with Christ, and experience community.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow [1 Corinthians 3:6].
Group leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth. Our leaders play a pivotal role this goal to move people along in their spiritual journey.
Because our leaders play an important role, we take great care when enlisting them.
Thank you for reading through the information below to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications, and expectations. If you are interested in pursuing Small Group Leadership, complete the Group Leader Application. Once the application is received, we will contact you for an interview.
Give us a call at 804-739-7500 if you have any questions regarding this process.
Role of a Community Group Leader
Small Group leaders are responsible for providing their groups with vision, direction, and support. Leaders are successful when they are personally growing in their intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with outsiders and are leading their groups in such a way as to encourage the group members’ growth in these three relationships as well. Small Group leaders are supported by a Clover Hill staff member.
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ (preferably 2+ years)
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have Small Group experience (preferable)
- Have the time, emotional capacity, and moral discernment to lead a group
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and duration, and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church
- Identify and develop a qualified apprentice and embrace apprentice leader development as a measure of success
- For Married Small Groups, both husband and wife actively participate in all group leadership activities
Interested? Complete application form below.
How to become a group leader at Clover Hill:
1. Fill out the Small Group Leader APPLICATION
2. Meet with a Clover Hill Leader
- Kids – Angie Grant
- Movement Students – Pastor Derreck
- Women – Tammy Jackson
- Men – Pastor Barry
- Couples or Mixed (couples and singles) – Pastor Barry
- Interest (ex. Running, motorcycles, paintball) – Pastor Barry
- Support – Pastor Barry
3. Complete the Growth Track.
There are 4 sessions. The Growth Track will help you catch the heartbeat of Clover Hill. In order to lead a small group at Clover Hill, you should demonstrate active membership at the church which includes:
- biblical giving,
- serving on a dream team and
- active in a small group
4. Complete Small Group Leaders Training.
Training Dates: TBD