Summer camp. It’s a chance for your kids to…
get away from home
make new friends
stay up late
and have some fun.
Because there’s a lot more to summer camp than fun and games.
A week of summer camp can impact your kid’s faith like nothing else can.
During camp orientation your child will get an opportunity to meet their counselor. As well as finding out how your and your child can be prepared for camp physically & spiritually. The conversations that happen at home before and after camp can be just as important as what happens during camp.
Every year, we take our kids (age 8 to 12) for Kids Camp in Gore, Virginia with our District churches for a week. Summer Camp this year is from July 17- July 21.
How old does my child have to be to attend Kids Camp?
- Kids Camp is for kids ages 8 – 12 years.
Is there a cost?
- Yes, there is a registration costs of $150 per child. This includes lodging, meals, activity fees, and a t-shirt.
How do I register my child?
- Complete the Kids Camp Application & Medical Form
- Make a copy of your insurance card
- Pay the registration fee.
- Turn all forms and money to the church office or at the info desk at your campus.
Is there a deadline?
- Yes, all forms and payment must be received no later than 9 AM on Monday, April 24. (Registration is now closed)
Where is camp?
- Pine Creek Camp, 1794 Back Creek Road, Gore VA 25637. The camp is located off Highway US-50 near Winchester, VA.
What are the camp facilities?
- Each room at the Pine Creek Lodge is equipped with its own bathroom, shower and sink, climate control system and 3 bunk beds.
Can my child be in the same room as their friends?
- We will make every effort to honor your housing requests. However, the distribution of campers and chaperones does not always come out in easily divided numbers. If a room is not completely filled, we may not be able to honor all housing requests.
Will my child need spending money?
- Yes. We will stop for lunch on the way to Kids Camp, and dinner on the way back home.
- There will also be a camp store available to your child at camp. Any purchases made by campers at camp must be made with a camp money card. Cards may be pre- ordered on the camper & chaperone registration. Money cards may also be purchased at camp. Any remaining amount left on money card at the end of camp will be returned to the camper in cash. A suggested amount is $30.
We are currently accepting chaperone applications for this year’s Kids Camp. Chaperones must be at least 18 years of age and able to maintain a high level of energy throughout the day. Kids Camp is a great way to invest in some awesome kids this Summer. Please let us know if you are interested as soon as possible as we will determine the amount of kids that can go to camp this year based on the amount of confirmed chaperones. Email Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.